Re: apt-get install "Failed to fetch" "404 Not Found" IP ...

El 06/05/17 a las 13:31, Albretch Mueller escribió:
>  For more than one good reason (among them an unreliable Internet
> connection at times or simply not wanting to go online)
>
>  I would like to run apt-get locally (or be able to functionally do
> the same using dpkg or whatever). This is what I have in mind:
>
>  1) use apt-get in simulate mode to know which files I need to install
> and in what order
>
>  2) fetch those files and keep them locally
>
>  3) install them locally whenever I need to
>
>  Most (all?) people simply go "sudo apt-get" under the assumption that
> the back end repositories will be fine etc.
>
>  Yes, I am trying to install stuff when I need it without having to
> connect to the Internet
>
>  How do you do this? What would be the pros and cons of doing things this way?
>
>  lbrtchx

I didn't have the 'not going at all to the internet' premise but I
didn't want to waste so many bandwith building the isos thanks to
live-build.

Long back I used to apt-mirror the full Debian repos but nowadays it's
too much for my hard disks.

So I use approx for it. It only caches the packages that you actually
download.

I have not tested apt-offline myself so I cannot comment on it.
According to other repliers say it might be more suitable for your needs.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software
libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/