Re: Topic of this list (was: live-build: how to include .deb files not in any repository?)

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 09:12:16AM +0200, Andreas Heinlein wrote:

>Sorry for hijacking this thread, but the two answers above are a good
>example of the problem I see on this list - what is the topic of this
>list now?
>
>At the moment, debian-live@lists.debian.org is the "Maintainer Address"
>of both live-build and live-wrapper. So we see that user A asks a
>question, user B gives an answer which is probably correct for
>live-wrapper, and user C gives another answer which is correct for
>live-build. From the topic here, we can assume that user A is using
>live-build and that user B has overlooked this, but it's not always clear.
>
>What can we do about this? Should the list be split? At least we should
>ask users to clearly indicate what they are using, e.g. by adding a
>'tag' in the subject like '[live-build] ...'. What do you think?

I don't think we necessarily need to split the list, but at least
making it very clear in the subject line sounds like a good plan.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds