Re: choose a kernel

Am 22.02.2017 um 16:07 schrieb Gerard ROBIN:
> Hello,
> when I build my iso file, systematically it is the 3.16 kernel that is
> installed, but i need the kernel linux-image-4.8.0-0.bpo for my wifi
> card to work.
> How can we choose to install the kernel we need? (if it is possible)
> I tried the advice of the documentation but without success always the
> kernel 3.16 is installed.

You can specify the kernel to be installed with the "--linux-packages"
option to "lb config", either on the command line or in auto/config.
IIRC, it is however not possible to specify
"linux-image-amd64/jessie-backports" at that point. You can explicitly
install linux-image-4.8.0-0.bpo in the chroot later on by specifying it
in package-lists. This will install the backport kernel *in addition* to
3.16, but it should still end up as the kernel used to boot. If not, try
to remove 3.16 in a chroot hook.

Remember that you need a sources.list entry for jessie-backports as well.

Andreas