Re: RM: live-build -- RoQA; no upstream; name changed in archive

Hi Iain,

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> This is orphaned and while maintained upstream does appear to have had a name
> change and is now packaged as open-infrastructure-system-build (which is nice
> and easy to type).

I have been maintaining live-build in git to keep it an working state.

This request is thus highly premature and I'm closing it.

I also discovered recently that Daniel forked everything under a new name
but I have not seen any new development yet. I don't plan to use
open-infrastructure-system-build as I want something stable and without
gratuitous changes like he made in the history of live-build.

IOW, I will keep live-build working but I am unlikely to add new features
except for the most pressing needs (like UEFI support recently that I
reviewed and merged).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer