Re: excluding packages

On 30-09-2016 11:35, Daniel Pocock wrote:
On 29/09/16 23:03, Rui Bernardo wrote:
On 29-09-2016 18:53, Daniel Pocock wrote:

I'm using live-build 4.0.3-1 on jessie to build the GnuPG Clean Room
live image[1]

The script I use for the build is in an alioth repository[2] - direct
link to script[3]

I want to exclude the isc-dhcp-client package to try and ensure the live
image doesn't get a network connection

I tried using the pinning technique, creating a file
config/apt/preferences with the following content:

Package: isc-dhcp-client
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

I also tried putting it in config/chroot_apt/preferences (suggested by a
discussion I saw in an online forum)

It doesn't appear to have any impact, the live image always has the
isc-dhcp-client package.

How can I exclude it?

1. https://wiki.debian.org/OpenPGP/CleanRoomLiveEnvironment

2. https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/make-pgp-clean-room.git/

3.
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/make-pgp-clean-room.git/tree/scripts/make-pgpcleanroom

Hi Daniel,

I'm would try to disable apt recommends (--apt-recommends false).

In the examples in the live-manual, most of them have apt recommends
disabled. See, for example,
<https://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/live-manual/stable/manual/html/live-manual.en.html#477>
and
<https://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/live-manual/stable/manual/html/live-manual.en.html#876>.

I think your other issue with elilo is related to apt recommends also,
but I might be wrong. Can you try it?

I tried adding "--apt-recommends false" and I still get the same error:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package elilo is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'elilo' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package linux-image-486
E: Package 'elilo' has no installation candidate
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
P: Saving caches...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

I just tried your build configuration from stratch (with recommends enabled, as it was) and ran "scripts/make-pgpcleanroom" and I just got a i386 Live ISO without your errors. I am running a amd64 debian jessie host with live-build 4 installed.

Could you try to start over, in another directory? Or run "sudo lb clean --all --cache" in the "build-cd/" directory and then run the script again?