excluding packages

I'm using live-build 4.0.3-1 on jessie to build the GnuPG Clean Room
live image[1]

The script I use for the build is in an alioth repository[2] - direct
link to script[3]

I want to exclude the isc-dhcp-client package to try and ensure the live
image doesn't get a network connection

I tried using the pinning technique, creating a file
config/apt/preferences with the following content:

Package: isc-dhcp-client
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

I also tried putting it in config/chroot_apt/preferences (suggested by a
discussion I saw in an online forum)

It doesn't appear to have any impact, the live image always has the
isc-dhcp-client package.

How can I exclude it?

1. https://wiki.debian.org/OpenPGP/CleanRoomLiveEnvironment

2. https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/make-pgp-clean-room.git/