Re: UEFI Support

El 13/09/16 a las 14:46, machu chukov escribió:
Hi all,

i am trying to build a debian live-system with UEFI support. Could
please someone verify, if I understood the following correctly:

1. live-build until today does not support uefi-boot for known reasons.
Someone from Debian, I don't know who, would need to release a new package with new feature from git.

2. live-build is orphaned, so the patches provided in
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=731709 until now did
not make it into the live-build package in stretch, so does not help
installing it via backports.
I don't know the Debian specific bits but you are probably right.

3. live-wraper is/wants to get the new live-build/debian-live. But it is
not installable in jessie via backports, because it does'nt work and was
removed some weeks ago from testing, beacuse of
You might be probably right too. I have heard that irl will invest some more time on polishing these problems.

So at the moment there is no way, to build a debian live-system with
uefi-support using only the official repositories.
That's right if by repositories you mean package repositories. There might be an slight possibility of daily-build Debian Live images which could be in turn based on git... but... I actually don't know how it works at all.

The only Workaround is, to build live-build on my own from the Code
provided in https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-live/live-build.git
in which the patch suggested in
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=731709 was already
applied.

Is that correct?
Yes, that's correct. That should work.

sudo make install

does it for me. You don't actually need to build the package for using the software.But, yes, it should work if you build it and install it.

thanks,

Machu

Waiting for your feedback on the recently UEFI boot support added.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/