Re: How do I install?

I have the debian 8.5 live w/non-free image (xfce) and have and installed with it at least twice from a usb stick.

There is, in my experience, no difference in the non-free and official live install media.  If there is no launcher on the desktop of the live session look in the menu.  Should be an item to start the install.

You can also reboot and use the menu entry to install.  I will admit that I have only tried the Xfce, Gnome, Mate and KDE live non-free media on a stick using DD to copy to stick for the 8.5 version.  I have also used the "standard" image.  No DE included so isn't really bootable to a Live session but will install the Debian desktop package so that my OB install on my loaner drive is, except for the DE identical with the other installs.

You can do any install of any DE you want, or none if wanting OB which isn't included in the taskel features, from any of the Live media you just don't have the default choice selected for you.

The only problem I have had was, I think I am correct, with 8.3 where if you want to upgrade to testing there was a problem with some packages not upgrading.  This had nothing to do with installing Debian 8 of any minor version.

I have to admit that if you are using something besides 32 or 64bit x86 images they may differ as that is all I install.