Re: Can't boot jessie images with non-jessie kernel

Csaba,

some time ago I tried the same thing you did, with the same result.

The problem is that Debian Live Jessie (live-boot 4.x) uses aufs, which was removed from later kernels in jessie-backports, which now instead support overlayfs.

There was a discussion earlier this year about using live-boot 5.x to build Jessie images, but I have not tried to do so:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2016/04/msg00005.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2016/04/msg00007.html

Kind regards,
Ben.