Re: Backports request live-boot

Hi,

Kristian Klausen wrote (09 Apr 2016 15:46:06 GMT) :
> Overlayfs support was added to live-boot around 5.x.
> Without this package you can't create a live image which works with
> newer kernel hence also newer hardware like skylake.

Building overlayfs -based Jessie images with live-boot 5.x pulled from
testing/sid seems to work just fine for me last time I checked, so I'm
not sure if/why a backport is really needed here.

(In general I'm in favour of such not-strictly-required backports *if*
the target userbase is not technical enough to configure APT pinning
properly; in this case it seems less clear-cut.)

Cheers,
--
intrigeri