Re: unusability issues

Hi Federico,
no it is no netinstall, it is the complete image.
And no, it is not directly produced by live-build but "by hand" from an official debian-live image. The project started several years ago when some users of puppy linux wanted to build a small size linux which overcomes puppy linux weakness (like missing multi user support and chaotic package management) while keeping its strengths (like user friendliness, ease of use, small size, light ressouces).

The size is so small, because "not necessary files" are stripped.
A writup from the maintainer toni about the size reduction procedure is here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90629
I think the current jessie image was produced by apt-get upgrade from the wheezy image.

I worked on a similar procedure based directly on live-build http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91832 (build scripts for small debian live systems), I also got small images, but I didn't had the time to give it enough polish.

cheers
Emil