Re: live-build to specific revision of wheezy

On 04/24/2016 09:50 AM, Melanie wrote:
David, If I clone the server with dd is there a way to create an
installable ISO from the binary image?

I typically boot a Debian installation CD or USB flash drive, go into rescue mode, and use command line tools -- lsblk, parted, dd, md5sum, shasum, touch, etc.. The advantage is that I am using readily available, lowest common denominator tools and apply the KISS principle, so that I will know how to use the images if/when I need them. The disadvantage is risk of typographical errors and inconsistencies in invocation.