Re: live-build to specific revision of wheezy

On 20 April 2016 at 18:10, Melanie <melanie.stewart@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I've been testing builds for days now and I cannot figure out the parameter or option to specify a specific revision of Debian to use as the base build.

I need to build from Debian Wheezy Update 6 (7.6) - Is there a way to do this?

Hello,

if 7.6 is the latest revision of 7 then just point the build to the wheeze repository.

If not some packages making up 7.6 are probably gone from the pool as new packages were uploaded.

You can try using some archived CDs as package sources or something like that.

You can also repackage the files installed on your system as .debs - iirc there is a tool for repackaging an installed package. You can then make a repo of these and give it the highest priority with apt preferences

HTH

Michal