In live-config, is 1190-broadcom-sta doing exactly the wrong thing?

I know it is unlikely, but it strikes me that 1190-broadcom-sta is doing exactly the opposite of what it should do.

It checks to see if the wifi card is in /usr/share/broadcom-sta/broadcom-sta.ids.  That list contains a list of cards that the wl (proprietary) driver supports.  If it is in the list, it does this:
sed -i -e 's|^ *blacklist|# blacklist|' /etc/modprobe.d/broadcom-sta-dkms.conf

which is unblacklisting all the things that conflict with wl and then does

echo "blacklist wl" >> /etc/modprobe.d/broadcom-sta-dkms.conf
which is blacklisting wl.

This strikes me as exactly the OPPOSITE of what we want- i.e. if the current card is in /usr/share/broadcom-sta/broadcom-sta.ids, then we want to leave broadcom-sta-dkms.conf perfectly alone.

What am I msising?

Thanks
Corey