problems building custom live image

Hello,

I am using live-build to build a custom kali linux 2.0 image, however when I try to modify the basic build environment to add some customizations, the resulting iso is unbootable.

What I want to do:

I want to enable brltty on the running live kali image.

What I have done:

I have created a package list named accessibility.list.binary and added the necessary brltty packages to the file.

I have added an etc/rc.local file to config/includes.binary

In this file I have added the line:

/sbin/brltty

Is there something obvious that I am missing in order to get Braille support working on the live system?