Live-build - searching for (a) solution(s)

Dear list,

I am using live-build for building kali-linux images. The standard build
procedure is working well with live-build. But for my purposes I have some
special needs, which the documentation of live-build does not explain.

I hope, someone experienced can help me.

This is, what I want to do:

1. I want to download and unpack the packages, then create the chroot.
When the changeroot has been created, the script shall stop.

2. When the chroot is existent, I want to make changes in the chroot (edit
some files, add some files like wordlists etc.).
I know, I can go into the chroot with the command "chroot /path/to/chroot",
then work in it, just as in a normal linux system

3. After I have finished my changes, I want to leave the chroot and now create
the ISO-image of it.

It would be nice, if someone could give me the correct commands.

Last but not least, there is just a general question, the manual also could
not answer me.

Question 1: Must I create for every architecture a seperated live-build
structure (one for i386, one for amd64, one for arm and so on) or can I build
in in one environment (just add the --architecture command to the build
command)?

Question 2: Must I build a livefile for a special architecture in a special
environment? (Say: Can I build an amd64- or arm-livefile on a 32-bit i386
system?)

Please send any answers to my privat adress (huns.ullrich@loop.de), as I am
not subsribed to the list.

Thank you very much for any help.