Re: An abrupt End to Debian Live

And to make it even worse. Ian has no full replacement for live-build, and his actions has made Daniel to shut down live-build, so now we are left with no good way to build the iso-hybrids that we need for our respins or derivative projects. Shame on you Ian, and now that Ian has climbed down of his big horse and changed the name of his package, perhaps Daniel could reconsider and come back? Because we really really need live-build...

And all this came from impatience on adding uefi-support to live-build? I'm sure there would have been more constructive ways to communicate this need. If Ian has the solution to this much desired feature in live-build, he should have offered the solution to Daniel in a polite way, so that Daniel could have implemented the solution in live-build. Instead of making a wrapper around live-build.That would have been a much better approach.

As Debian cd's can be booted in uefi-mode, clearly it should be possible to implement the same support for iso-hybrids in live-build. But then the teams need to collaborate instead of competing with each other.

Erik