Re: Debian Live Update

What's Daniel upto?!

Should we use the official debian tools to build live cd?  Or go with Daniels tools, if he's released them?

Sent from my Cyanogen phone

On 15-Dec-2015 4:10 pm, "Iain R. Learmonth" <irl@debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 01:36:09PM +1100, Michael . wrote:
>    Thanks for keeping us informed I, personally, appreciate it.
>    Just one question. What is stopping the Live team, which I am assuming
>    you now coordinate, just fixing the bugs that were filed against
>    live-build and concentrating on live-build rather than reinventing the
>    wheel with live-wrapper?

I'm co-ordinating from the perspective of live-wrapper, but the Debian Live
team has a flat structure. Other packages have their respective leads and we
are co-ordinating with each other via IRC currently. We will aim to be
bringing updates to the mailing list and try to keep those not participating
in the IRC chats up to date.

live-build is more complex than necessary for the official Debian images.
With that complexity comes higher chances of breakage, and we've seen
breakage repeatedly. This is why we're producing the more "lightweight"
live-wrapper.

Having said this, the only reason that live-build is not currently seeing
development is that it's not currently seeing development. It needs a
technical lead, someone to have a vision and take it forward.

If there is someone that is not currently a Debian Developer that would like
to take lead for live-build, I would be happy to sponsor uploads, although I
can't promise that they would happen in a timely fashion.

Thanks,
Iain.