Re: prevent a package to be installed

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 02:23:09PM +0100, Pablo Brasero Moreno wrote:
> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 14:23:09 +0100
> From: Pablo Brasero Moreno <pablo@pablobm.com>
> To: Gerard ROBIN <g.robin3@free.fr>
> Cc: Debian Live <debian-live@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: prevent a package to be installed
>  RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL autolearn=unavailable autolearn_force=no version=3.4.0
>
> How do you install XFCE? Is it by specifying 'task-xfce-desktop' as a
> package to install?
in config/package-lists/ I created the file desktop.list.chroot :

cat desktop.list.chroot

xfce-keyboard-shortcuts
xfce4-battery-plugin
xfce4-mount-plugin
xfce4-netload-plugin
xfce4-notifyd
xfce4-panel
xfce4-power-manager
xfce4-power-manager-plugins
xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin
xfce4-screenshooter
xfce4-session
xfce4-settings
xfce4-systemload-plugin
xfce4-xkb-plugin
xfce4-terminal
xfce4-volumed
xfce4-fsguard-plugin
xfce4-appfinder
xfwm4-themes
xfconf
xfdesktop4
xfwm4
thunar
tumbler
gtk2-engines-xfce

> If that's what you do, this is where lightdm is being installed. "task"
> packages are collection of related packages. The idea is that installing
> one "task" package is easier than installing a bunch of packages you would
> have installed together anyway.

no  task-xfce-desktop has too many packages (for me)

> You'll see that it includes (ie: depends on) the following packages (plus a
> bunch other packages that are simply "recommended"):
>
>   * lightdm
>   * task-desktop
>   * tasksel
>   * xfce4
>
> You can simply list those packages, minus lightdm, in your
> `config/package-lists/`, and you should get XFCE without lightdm.

it does not work because of the recommended packages. If I put --apt-recommends
to false this will apply to all packages and I will have problems ...

--
Gerard
*  Created with "mutt 1.5.23"		  *