Re: persistence encryption: initramfs is missing cryptsetup

Hello!

I have the same goal so I will monitor that conversation. Fully
encrypted live system! YES!

So: Yes. It is possible. But it's advanced level of linuxing. That I
have not reached...so far.

1. It's possible if you make fist an image that have everything you want
working except cryptsetup included in initramfs.
2. Then basically you need to take that ISO (or whatever kind of) image
unpack it. And find your initramfs image file.
3. Unpack initramfs image. Check what is inside.

DIFFICULT PART IS COMMING:
4a. Build your own initramfs image identical to one you have with
cryptsetup support. Maybe you can base your config by looking at the
files inside initramfs image.
This is basically difficult because you don't know anything and it's
hard in general to make image that will make your live system boot.
OR
4b. Hack existing initramfs from your image by adding cryptsetup
binaries....SsSssomehow?! (good version,arch,etc,maybe also configs).
This might be easier but I am not sure if it's possible.

5. Repack initramfs image and then put everything back together and
rebuild your ISO image.
6. Hope it will work.
7. BAM! READY!

This is only my imaginary theory. Now all you need is to check how to do
that in real I am quite sure you can do that the way I described.

Because I tried to do that to achieve something else but I dropped that
at some point. I don't remember why.
Then you write nice hook script so all the universe can use it later
(including me). Or we can cooperate somehow and make it good together
asa colective.
(this option I prefer because it's less work for me and for you and for
the universe).

Maybe there are other ways for sure. Maybe simple including some
cryptsetuppackage in ./config/include.initramfs but who knows...
If it's implemented? If then in which version? Is it working then? Why
it was supoprted before in some early versions of live-build (2.x
something if I remeber good) and now it's gone?
I am so much confused by all the bugs in live-project and most of the
stuff is 2-3 years old so bleee.. Simply annoying.
Yes I am angry. But I am looking for solutions because I want my own
debian full encrypted distro. And I will make it happen!

P.S.
1. Sorry for making you sleep by reading all of that.
2. I have limited electricity and internet access so I might response
with some small delay but yeah lets have (full) --encryption support.