Re: persistence encryption: initramfs is missing cryptsetup

Am 11.06.2015 um 16:12 schrieb chals:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Jan Kowalsky
> <jankow@datenkollektiv.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I try to build a live system with luks encrypted persistence. It fails,
>> because inside the initramfs the cryptsetup binaries don't exist. In the
>> past - from wheezy I was able to build an encrypted system as long as I
>> took the live-boot-initramfs-tools from jessie.
>>
>> Is it possible to include some packages inside the initramfs? Where
>> would be the place to configure?
>>

> This section of live-manual might be of some help -->
> http://live.debian.net/manual/current/html/live-manual.en.html#590

Thanks for the hint. I was looking at the stable manual which still
seems to refer to wheezy and doesn't face crypted persistence. But
anyway, that's exactly, what I've done. And in this way I did it in the
past with success.

The problem is: the cryptsetup binary exists in the chroot - but not in
the initramdisk.

Any further idea? Anybody of you was able to build an image with crypted
persistence with the live helpers in wheezy?

Is there anyway to specify which additional packages should reach the
initramfs?

Best Regards
Jan