Re: Assistance enabling EFI in live-build

Hi jnqnfe

Thanks, for all the great info. I'll put my task aside and wait for you work to be completed and reviewed.

Cheers
Ozi

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 9:16 AM, jnqnfe <jnqnfe@gmail.com> wrote:
live-build does not currently support EFI. I am actually currently
working on this though.

I've just completed a load of general improvements to existing
bootloader code in bug #775322, which makes the addition of EFI
bootloader support much simpler. In addition I have also just done a lot
of the work over the past few days towards actually adding syslinux and
grub2 EFI bootloader support. This only exists on my local system
currently; syslinux doesn't work yet, but grub2 does. It's all very
messy at the moment, but I expect that I'll have it all finished up and
uploaded over the next week or so, depending on how much free time I get
to spend on it. Getting all that work into an official release is a
whole other matter though, Daniel (maintainer) seems to be pretty busy,
and I've got a lot of work waiting for him to review.