[Bug] config cannot create live.list.chroot: directory non-existent

I'm playing around a little with live-build again (v4.0.3-1 on sid),
with a new folder containing only my previous auto files, but I'm
hitting an error executing lb config. It can't create the
live.list.chroot file.

Looking at the error message (printed below) and the config script, I
believe the problem is that although the script does actually create the
config/package-lists directory, along with some others, prior to trying
to create the live.list.chroot file on lines 1354-1360, there's a check
on line 1331 of ${_CLEAN} = true which removes the directory and thus
results in the error. I assume that this is because of the --clean
option I have in my auto/config file.

The fix, or at least a fix, is obviously to include a mkdir command just
prior to attempting to create the file.

Error:
/usr/lib/live/build/config: 1357: /usr/lib/live/build/config: cannot
create config/package-lists/live.list.chroot: Directory nonexistent