Re: Isolinux and Multi language - How do you want it?

El 27/10/14 a las 15:13, Ronny Standtke escribió:
Hi,

No. We've refactored and extended live-boot's persistence code a few
years ago so that we could do that in our greeter.

That's very cool. Could you try to bring this change upstream? The less
we have to configure at the bootloader stage the better.

Of course a DM greeter is too late for all this. That's not what this
thread is about, though :)

Well, partially. :-)
Adrian asked if we use isolinux menus and kernel boot parameters for
configuring the keyboard and my
response was that, yes, we already have to configure so many things in
the bootloader stage that we also configure the language and keyboard
there and showed how we make this very easy for our users...

Ronny

Sorry for the late answer.

I have finally made up my mind on what to work at.
I think I should adapt tails DM, specially the new version, because it will be prettier.
  I suspect that current tails DM:
* Does not recycle code from live-config which already codes how to change keyboard and locales. * Does not try to parse all the system available keyboard and locales to build its option dropdowns dynamically at boot but it uses an static list.

Not sure when I will have time but I will try to use current tails DM in my debian-live build system and see how it goes. Then I will try to implement what, in my opinion is lacking for being integrated into Debian live.

This solution is not covering non Xorg/Graphical Debian live cds but, anyways, something about the language and locale selection should be done.

Thank you all for your feedback and hopefully I can show you some code about my reworked tails DM soon or later. I don't have too much time for working on Rescatux lately but, the next task in the TODO list is this one. Then there's the rescue article, so many things. So, you can bet I will implement it one day or another.

Intrigeri: Your feedback on my blind assumptions on what tails DM does is welcomed.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/