Re: support-snapshots.debian.org-in-live-build

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Richard Nelson <unixabg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Rui Miguel P. Bernardo
> <rui.bernardo.pt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Richard Nelson <unixabg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Greetings,

>> > Sorry I intended to include the last patch you had offered in that
>> > thread to
>> > assist future readers to see your last submission on the idea, so here
>> > is
>> > what I think appears to be the last patch submitted
>> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2012/06/msg00237.html
>> >
>> > Thanks.

>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry for this late reply. Appended to this email is an updated patch
>> for live-build 4.0.3-1.
>>

> I have applied a slightly modified version in git debian-next branch of
> live-build (just some grammatics and harmonized snapshot.debian.org), see:
>
> http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian-next
>
> http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=commitdiff;h=570a17053c7f52313e02196cf6dce10c6bb0c5cb
>
> Would you be so kind to checkout debian-next branch and confirm all working
> as should?

Confirmed.

I have checkout the new tmp-snapshot branch, ran dch, built and
installed the new live-build 4.x package from the new branch and
tested it with sid/unstable, jessie/testing distributions using the
date 20141015 (almost a month ago):

$ lb config -d sid --snapshot 20141015 --debian-installer live
--debian-installer-gui false --debian-installer-distribution daily

Both jessie and sid live images were built and booted normally. I've
login to the live images with the debian-live usual user and password
(user and live).

All was ok, the sources.list file had the repositories setup for the
expected snapshot.debian.org date. "apt-get update" complains with an
error saying that the "InRelease file is expired" but that is expected
because we remove apt.conf setting to ignore that at the end of the
live image build.

Both images had daily live-installer and it worked perfectly when I've
installed the live image to disk (tested with kvm). In the installed
systems d-i apt-setup creates a new sources.list file, so when the
user runs "apt-get update" there is no errors and an "apt-get upgrade"
would download all updates since the "snapshot" date used in the live
image configuration.

All working as expected (at least for me).