Re: support-snapshots.debian.org-in-live-build

We can get working snapshots.debian repositories for all stages using method I found in DigabiOS live-build configs:

- set mirrors to snapshot.debian.org for required date
- create special apt configs for all stages

STAGES="bootstrap chroot binary"
    for stage in ${STAGES}
    do
        mkdir -p config/includes.${stage}/etc/apt/apt.conf.d
        cat << EOF >config/includes.${stage}/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99-snapshots
Acquire::Check-Valid-Until "false";
EOF
    done

But this method didn't work after latest jessie patches (I think after python migration work revert) because contents of config/includes/bootstrap ignored during build process.
I think this can be fixed by trivial patch.

Daniel, can you fix this for jessie? Or this was done for special purpose?

On 11/12/2014 12:38 AM, Richard Nelson wrote:
> I have applied a slightly modified version in git debian-next branch of
> live-build (just some grammatics and harmonized snapshot.debian.org
> <http://snapshot.debian.org>), see:

i've moved that to tmp-snapshot; the reason is (like said in the last
iterations) that this should not be added as a new 'feature' with all
new options and everything, rather than to just a way to populate the
initial mirrors.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net