Re: LightDM -run script at session start

Hi Igor

That's interesting!

Hopefully Lightdm will get fixed soon too.

Thanks
Ozi

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Igor Cher <igorflint@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I had similar problem and solved it by adding 02_kiosk.conf file in /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d with following content:

# begin 02_kiosk.conf
[SeatDefaults]

display-setup-script=/opt/start_x/on-start-x.sh
# end 02_kiosk.conf

where on-start-x.sh - my script

You can try with session-setup-script option.

Hi

I'm currently trying to get a jessie build for my distro. I'm doing the build on sid so I have all the latest scripts for live-build.

I'm using lightDM with xfce. The build works and creates a bootable iso.

My issue is with LightDM. Prior to the latest changes
session-setup-script=script in lightdm.conf used to work. Now lightdm crashes, so the user is now presented with a command line to login.

I've looked in lightdm.conf on sid and most of it is commented out.

I've looked around and haven't seen any discussion about this.

I realise that jessie is only just at b2.

Hopefully someone has a workaround for it.

Cheers
Ozi