Re: Live Systems, live-build web-frontend - Build 20140925.015808.453078881

Nicki,

Why three messages to the list, when surely *one* would do?

On 24/09/14 11:35 PM, Nicki Schenker wrote:
Still no ISO on server. I just get

build 25-Sep-2014 01:58 1.1K
log 25-Sep-2014 02:04 69K
mail 25-Sep-2014 02:04 1.9K
md5sum 25-Sep-2014 02:04 117

Please read the log and try to understand the failure before forwarding trouble reports back to us. The reason is plain to me. If you did read the log, you would have seen this error, and if you didn't understand the error, you should have at least included in your problem report the error message and asked for its interpretation:

E: Unable to locate package task-mate-desktop

And if you look at the configuration in 'build' it is also very clear to me why this is:

LB_DISTRIBUTION="wheezy"

Putting those two pieces of information together, whenever you see such errors, you need to check the archive for the existence of the package:

http://packages.debian.org/task-mate-desktop

You will find there is no such package in wheezy, but only jessie or si. Nor will there *ever* be, since wheezy is stable and only receives security updates and fixes to seriously broken packages, not entirely new packages like this one.

wich you can see in apendix.

I hope this will be fixed soon.

No, it won't, not for a wheezy build with no wheezy-backports. In my recent status update re. Cinnamon and MATE to the list, I stated:
Assuming the mirror for the builder is up-to-date, a jessie build of
either Cinnamon desktop or Mate desktop images should be possible right
now, now that tasksel 3.24 has migrated to jessie:

http://tracker.debian.org/tasksel

Please note that tasksel 3.25 (which is *not* yet in jessie; it only
entered sid today) has a couple of Mate changes in it (follow the link
to the changelog from above). I think until 3.25 migrates, a jessie Mate
image won't autologin to the desktop unless you also add lightdm to the
configuration.

Or you could, as Richard suggests, try a sid build. That should
currently work for both desktops.

Regards,
Ben