Status of building Cinnamon, Mate jessie/sid live images

On 19/09/14 01:55 AM, Richard Nelson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Nicki Schenker
> <nicki.schenker@gmx.net <mailto:nicki.schenker@gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi there,
>     Yes you're right, I can see the log files. but no ISO image to
>     download
>

> Try building with sid and see if you have better results.

Assuming the mirror for the builder is up-to-date, a jessie build of
either Cinnamon desktop or Mate desktop images should be possible right
now, now that tasksel 3.24 has migrated to jessie:

http://tracker.debian.org/tasksel

Please note that tasksel 3.25 (which is *not* yet in jessie; it only
entered sid today) has a couple of Mate changes in it (follow the link
to the changelog from above). I think until 3.25 migrates, a jessie Mate
image won't autologin to the desktop unless you also add lightdm to the
configuration.

Or you could, as Richard suggests, try a sid build. That should
currently work for both desktops.

Ben