Re: debian-live cdimages too large for CD-ROM?

Hello,

I may have missed a notice somewhere, but the current cdimages at
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/7.6.0-live/i386/iso-hybrid/
seem to be too large and do not fit on a regular CD-ROM (700MB).
Is there a trick or workaround to burn them?
Do I need to use 'wodim -raw96r' and/or 'wodim -overburn'?
I've checked the FAQ, Debian-Wiki, Mailinglist, etc. but was not able to
find anything
that would help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Step 1
If the images are isohybrid, you can write on usb penstick with:
cat filenameisohybrid.iso > /dev/sdb and install it on hdd.

Step 2
If the images, is not isohybrid, you can trasform in hybrid with:
isohybrid -offset 64  filename.iso and back at Step 1.

Thanks

Regards

Hi all

If you don't know if  file.iso is isohybrid:

fdisk -lu File.iso
Disk /home/File.iso: 2 MB, 2097152 bytes
64 heads, 32 sectors/track, 2 cylinders, total 4096 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/home/File.iso1 * 64 4095 2032 17 Hidd HPFS/NTFS

or

sfdisk -d  File.iso
# partition table of File.iso
unit: sectors
File.iso1 : start= 64, size= 4032, Id=17, bootable

Regards