Re: debian-installer-launcher

Thank you, Fernando - If I hit a wall again after my rebuild and modifying my isolinux *.cfg files, I will give your setup a try.

Have a good one!

Zed (Devin)

On 8/29/2014 3:06 PM, Fernando Toledo wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:51:35 -0600, Zed wrote:
Thanks to Daniel on IRC with a little direction I learned why it
was skipping the preseed. Basically, I had not appended the parameters
to the boot options in isolinux. It is copying the preseed to the ISO
now, but it can't be located when the install is loading.

 I have my preseed here:
/config/includes.binary/install/preseed.cfg
 When I browse the built ISO I find my file here:
/media/cdrom0/install/preseed.cfg

 But, when I launch the debian-installer from the liveCD desktop, or
from the boot menu I receive the error:
 "The file needed for preconfiguration could not be retrieved from
file:///install/preseed.cfg [1]. The installation will proceed in
non-automated mode.

 I have tried various boot options to resolve, but receive the same
error (with the file:/// [2] as entered of course):
 append preseed/file=/install/preseed.cfg
 append preseed/file=/media/cdrom/install/preseed.cfg
 append preseed/file=/media/cdrom0/install/preseed.cfg

 Getting close, but no cigar as of yet...

 Zed

i put my pressed on config/include.debian-installer

https://github.com/HuayraLinux/live-cd/tree/master/config/includes.debian-installer

then i modified the syslinux menu to include them appending the paremeter to the kernel (file=/pressed.cfg) :

https://github.com/HuayraLinux/live-cd/blob/master/config/includes.binary/isolinux/live.cfg