Re: Status of live-build web-frontend

Greetings,

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:20 AM, carolus <worwor@bellsouth.net> wrote:
I haven't gotten the cgi-builder to work for weeks, using default settings with either gnome or xfce desktops.

>From today: (gnome desktop, otherwise all defaults):
 http://cgi.build.live-systems.org/build/20140703.155753.891356555/log
 plymouth : Conflicts: console-tools but 1:0.2.3dbs-70 is to be installed

I keep seeing questions about the cgi builder in the mailing list, but as far as I can tell it has been effectively nonfunctional for weeks. It would be helpful to post a message about this on the web site.  I think there was such a message a while back, occasioned by a switch in servers.

It is important to know that the cgi builder only builds from a git clone of live-images, http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-images.git;a=summary . Now the issue seems to be the package console-tools, so as a workaround (yes, I know not a best practice) I used the option:

--apt:  aptitude

and added to the cgipackages.list.chroot console-tools-  so it is excluded. See m-l that was suggested and it appears to work.

Here is the build I produced today which was not tested in any way:

http://cgi.build.live-systems.org/build/20140704.142143.510523815/

If this works for you perhaps report back.

Now the I believe a possible solution (not a workaround) would be to remove the package from config/package-lists/localization.list.chroot in each --config type, but I am unsure what that might break, so pending someone ack'ing that it is ok to remove the above is what _may_ work. Also note that the package console-tools was removed according to https://packages.qa.debian.org/c/console-tools.html .

I hope this information assists.