Creating a software repository for a Linux distro

How do you create a software repository for a Linux distro?  For my Swift Linux distro, I will create *.deb packages containing the changes needed to transform minimal Debian Linux into Swift Linux, and I will need a software repository to store them.  There will be a metapackage consisting of all of the generic Debian packages used by Swift Linux, and there will be packages that include details like wallpaper, desktop configuration files, SLiM configuration files, etc. that provide the branding/naming in the critical areas.  In other words, I'm following part of the CrunchBang way of doing things.

Yes, I have seen the official Debian how-to page at https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto , but it's obsolete.  Is there an up-to-date version of this page?

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>