Re: Polish translation for debian live-manual started.

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM, AreYouLoco? <areyouloco@paranoici.org> wrote:

> Hello!

Hi,

Pleasure to meet you and welcome.

> I am trying to make my own live debian system for some long time and
> it would be great to read all the documentation in my own language so
> I decided to contribute to the project and translate the live-manual
> to polish for future users.

That is great. Thank you very much you will learn many new and
exciting things. This is, at least, my experience contributing to the
project.

> I attach compressed & translated: about_manual.ssi.pot,
> about_project.ssi.pot and index.html.in.pot file and my GPG key for
> authentication purposes.

I pushed the initial files that you sent to the git repo. I must thank
Daniel, once again, for letting me take charge of this.

In respect to the initial files I only changed the header including
your language, your name and email address. The files that you sent
read (you probably copied the header from the German translation
files):

# German translations for live-manual
# Copyright (C) 2006-2014 Daniel Baumann <mail@daniel-baumann.ch>
# This file is distributed under the same license as the live-manual package.
#

And I changed them into:

# Polish translations for live-manual
# Copyright (C) 2014 AreYouLoco? <areyouloco@paranoici.org>
# This file is distributed under the same license as the live-manual package.
#

Second, you might find that there "appeared" some fuzzy strings after
the integration of the files into live-manual, like for example:

-Checking the integrity of about_manual.ssi.po in
/home/chals/git/debian-live/live-manual/manual/po/pl
68 translated messages, 3 fuzzy translations.
This .po file is 'good': about_manual.ssi.po

This is normal because there are submissions to git on a regular basis
and your files, while they were being translated, soon became out of
date.

Nothing I mentioned above is a problem. I'm just letting you know.

Last but not least, you will be able to see the Polish translation in
the autobuild almost immediately after you receive this mail (provided
everything goes well).

> I already started translating other live-manual files but it takes
> time to do that so for now only necessary files to start a new language.

Yeah, translation work takes a lot of time, but like I always say, the
hardest part is keeping it up to date. I mean, translating takes time,
but translations become outdated soon, so the real work, maintaining
it, begins right after one finishes translating.

> Please if you could give my instructions how to obtain commit key so I
> can push changes on an ongoing basis.

Victory already sent you the link, please take a look at it and if you
have any doubt, feel free to write to the list or join us on
#debian-live on OFTC. And remember to always push to the debian-next
branch.

Best wishes!

--
chals