Re: Free & nonfree ISOs exactly the same??

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM,  <dan@homestead-products.com> wrote:
> On 04/08/2014 01:23 PM, chals wrote:
>
>> If you do not care about the "live" part, you can download unofficial
>> images of the debian installer with non-free firmware at:
>>
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
>
> The ISO there is exactly the same as the one at live.debian.org, and does
> not include the nonfree firmware, even though it says it does.

Yeah, I know.

With "If you do not care about the live part" I was referring to the
non live images. i.e the network install (netinst) ones. For example,
an ISO image for an i386 architecture:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/7.4.0/i386/iso-cd/

Again, I insist, this is not a live image, but it is an iso-hybrid,
installable one containing non-free drivers. I guess this is a great
part of what you wanted.

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com