Re: non-free video driver automatic choosing & config

Thanks Daniel! I'm looking into it, I found the xserver-xorg script in /lib/live/config... and it's exactly what I was talking about.

So, if I'm getting this right, thanks to the xserver-xorg script, any custom image with the non-free nvidia/fglrx driver packages installed should automaticaly pick them up, configure them and choose it with update-alternatives, right? And the script is automaticaly run at boot time, like all the scripts from live-config, right?

If that's so, I'm having problems in (at least one) PC with an AMD graphics card that in update-alternatives has glx selected as mesa-diverted... which shouldn't be happening.

Regards,

Marcos

2014/1/7 Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>
On 01/07/2014 05:29 PM, Marcos Núñez wrote:
> is there a way to automatically select at boot time the
> correct driver for the host machine?

have you read the live-config manpage? i think it explains this already,
if not clearly enough, then please let us know.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net