non-free video driver automatic choosing & config
- To: Debian-live mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: non-free video driver automatic choosing & config
- From: Marcos Núñez <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 16:29:52 +0000
- Message-id: <CAHmQ7E1SX-ytPCmumN7+grNx3_H+c=_TUX+LOBm4BCoOBSZkBA@mail.gmail.com>
I hope that it's ok to ask about non-free drivers here :)
As many others, I have nvidia, fglrx and intel drivers installed in my custom live-debian build, as I use it in many different machines.
My question is: is there a way to automatically select at boot time the correct driver for the host machine? I understand that a new xorg.conf file would have to be created each time, and the tools to do it are different for each vendor (nvidia-settings, aticonfig), and would have to be overwritten each time, right?
Thanks in advance!