Re: Selecting the appropriate driver for Broadcom wifi cards

On 01/08/2014 11:21 PM, Corey Velan wrote:
> So, the slightly more general question is, how do we create a live image
> that supports the broadest possible set of ethernet and wifi cards
> without the user having to do anything (and we're willing to use non-free)?

by using the same mechanism we do for graphic cards: have a list of
supported pci-ids and set the driver for those explicitly, for
everything else leave if to the default (automatic) configuration.
provided you have a proper pci-id list, it's trivial to add that support
to live-config.

Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/