Re: new debian-live, /live/cow and /lib/live/mount/overlay

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM, emil.widmann@gmail.com
<emil.widmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am also looking for the cow folder. Although studying the manual for some
> time I could not find anything about configuration changes from squeeze to
> wheezy. Also google didn't provide

Hi,

If I remember correctly, there was the intention of writing about the
most important changes between "squeeze" and "wheezy" (so to speak)
but I guess the list grew way too long to summarize it in a short
paragraph. So I guess that the right thing to do is, as usual,
checking live-manual to find out about all the changes.

Just in case you do not know where to find it, apart from installing
it in your own system, you can read it online at:

http://live.debian.net/

(Just make sure you choose the right version of the manual to match
the software you are using. "squeeze" would be "oldstable" and
"wheezy" would be "stable".)

> Maybe somebody with a more technical understanding can shed some light on
> this issue or provide a link on additional information about the missing
> /live/cow folder.
>
> Thank you!

You may be specifically interested in the section talking about "Persistence".

Have fun :)

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com