Re: live-manual, Japanese translation

* Carlos Zuferri - chals <chals@altorricon.com>
  [Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:59:59 +0200], wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Daniel Baumann
> <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
> > On 09/15/2013 05:01 PM, chals wrote:
> >> 3. Wait until the fix reaches "testing"
> >
> > no need for that, as soon as the fixed sisu version is in the debian
> > archive (regardless if it's sid or experimental), we can upgrade to that
> > on live.d.n.
> >
> > so.. i suggest we do that.
> >

> Thank you Daniel, it is an excellent idea.

Thanks.

> Ralph uploaded sisu v.4.2.5-2 to unstable with full support for
> Japanese, Korean and simplified Chinese. Japanese has been thoroughly
> tested for several days and is now known to work fine with
> live-manual, even the pdf files, which were the ones that initially
> failed to build properly, thanks to Ralph's excellent work.

It (4.2.5-2) goes into Debian testing today.

Chals thank you very much for all your patient help with testing, that
it behaves as it is supposed to and valuable feedback.

> Note that according to the author, this new version of sisu will pull
> in a bunch of new packages which are needed to process these new
> languages in the right way.
>
> Have a nice day :)

Thank you Debian-live live-manual makers, those I have had the chance to
interact with mostly on irc: dba, SynrG, chals (again), jstein & now
victory (introducing the need for Japanese), you have all been very
helpful.