Re: lock kernel upgrade

Daniel Baumann:
> On 06/30/2013 11:32 AM, vinc3nt wrote:
>> https://github.com/AvANa-BBS/freepto-lb/commit/96c2d1a09311e532e0bfe06e3141b2aada1d6397
>>
>> and this configuration works now.
>
> this is so fundamentaly wrong, i cannot leave this uncommented in order
> to avoid people following this blindly in case they find it at some
> later point.

I don't want to abuse of your precious time, but this configuration
works fine for me (i cannot leave this uncommented)

I've captured a screenshoot during the boot of my img[1] and as you can
see the kernel is marked HOLD.
Also this is the output of "dpkg --get-selection | grep linux-image"

paranoid@freepto:~$ sudo dpkg --get-selections | grep linux-image
linux-image-3.2.0-4-686-pae			hold
linux-iamge-686-pae				install

After I reading the live-config manual, I have decided to use the
live-config.hooks:

       live-config.hooks=filesystem|medium|URL1|URL2| ... |URLn |
hooks=medium|filesystem|URL1|URL2| ... |URLn
           Allows  to  fetch and execute one or more arbitrary files.
	   [...]
           All hooks in /lib/live/config-hooks/ in the root filesystem
of the live system can  be  automatically  enabled
           with the keyword 'filesystem'.
	   All hooks in /live/config-hooks/ of the live medium can be
automatically enabled with the keyword 'medium'.
           If  several mechanisms are combined, then filesystem hooks
are executed first, then medium hooks, and last the
           network hooks.

In my configuration there is still something wrong, because I have used
both filesystem and medium hooks.
I should only use the filesystem hook (placed in
/lib/live/config-hooks/) and remove the medium hook (placed in
/live/config-hooks/)

------
[1] http://oi44.tinypic.com/zoeuxz.jpg