Re: Graphics compatability without requiring advanced graphics capabilities

On 01/31/2013 06:48 PM, Corey Velan wrote:
2- I created config/archives/ubuntu-kernel.list.chroot and added "deb
http://us.archived.com/ubuntu quantal main" and corresponding entries
for quantal-updates and quantal-security

i assume you also created the corresponding key files containing the archive signing key for that ubuntu distribution.

However, when I build I get the following error:
Unpacking linux-firmware (from .../linux-firmware_1.95_all.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/linux-firmware_1.95_all.deb (--unpack):
  trying to overwrite '/lib/firmware/radeon/BARTS_mc.bin', which is also
in package firmware-linux-nonfree 0.36+wheezy.1

don't install firmware-linux-nonfree then (by using --firmware-chroot false). you will then have to manually select all firmware packages yourself, but that's the trade-off.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net