Re: Graphics compatability without requiring advanced graphics capabilities

On 01/29/2013 10:02 PM, Corey Velan wrote:
My question is- which approach am I better off taking?

 1. nomodeset and xforcevesa
 2. standard free drivers
 3. use the ati/nvidia proprietary drivers.
 4. Something else?

5. include xorg with all video drivers (xserver-xorg-video-all), plus nvidia and ati drivers. live-config will then to the right thing and either let xorg choose the right driver or in the case of nvidia/ati, use that.

However, in 12.10, nvidia-current and fglrx conflict
so I can't install both drivers into the chroot. Any ideas on a
workaround or this?

in debian they are.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net