mode ubuntu not supported?

Hi!

I'm trying to create a live image for KDE Frameworks 5 and my git repo is
https://github.com/diederikdehaas/debian-kf5-live

In my auto/config I have the parameter "mode ubuntu", since my first step
towards my goal is to 'debianize' Project Neon 5 iso's
(http://kshadeslayer.wordpress.com/2013/12/03/introducing-project-neon-5-isos/)

But consequently building fails in the lb binary_syslinux stage:
P: Begin installing syslinux...
mv: cannot stat ‘binary/live/vmlinuz-*’: No such file or directory
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...

And that is correct, since Ubuntu (apparently) uses casper, so the vmlinuz file
is in binary/casper/

So I tried looking at the code here: http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=blob;f=scripts/build/binary_syslinux;h=8caa6534fb57a4587ec706ed45d0c8539054aed3;hb=refs/heads/debian-old-3.0

and found a 'case "${LB_MODE}" in' statement where progress-linux is mentioned
and everything else (*), but no ubuntu there (also not in the 4.0a30 version).

Does that mean that "mode ubuntu" is not supported?
Is there a way I can fix it (and where exactly)?

Regards,
  Diederik
--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6