Debian for mobile devices

Hello,

I am trying to implement debian operating system for mobile devices and I am confused about couple of issues. Please help me with following questions:

1) Which Kernel do I use to support Debian on mobile phones
2) How do I make my OS light weight as mobile devices have comparatively lesser memory and needs to be faster.

I have extended debian OS for creating a live system for desktop devices previously and now I am looking to extend it for mobile.

Please help.

Cheers
Faham