Re: Live Build Unable to locate package linux-image-*

Luigi,

On 11/19/2013 06:37 PM, Luigi Cirillo wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to build a custom live starting from debian standard live.
> lb config --config git://live-systems.org/git/live-images.git

Did you first build using that configuration, without any customizations?

> I changed the config file:

Did you then change architecture from amd64 (the default, if you are
building on an amd64 architecture host) to i386 as you have below?

> lb config noauto \
>    --clean \
>    --ignore-system-defaults \
>    --mode debian \
>    --debian-installer live \
>     --architectures i386 \
>    --linux-flavours "486 686-pae" \
>    --linux-packages "linux-image linux-headers" \
>    --source "true" \
> But "lb build" return

Did you "lb clean --purge" after changing architectures? You must not
forget this step.

> Package linux-headers-686-pae is not available, but is referred to by
> another package.

The amd64 architecture does not have linux-headers-686-pae. Hence this
error message.

> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Unable to locate package linux-image-486
> E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-486
> E: Unable to locate package linux-image-686-pae
> E: Package 'linux-headers-686-pae' has no installation candidate
> P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
> P: Saving caches...
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> Reading state information...
> Why the kernel is missing?

You are still using the bootstrap from a prior amd64 build. That
establishes the architecture of your image as amd64, and none of those
packages exist in the amd64 architecture. Whenever making changes to
your configuration that require the rebuild of a particular stage, you
must clean that stage. By default, "lb clean" only cleans the stages
that are most likely to change from one build to the next (see lb clean
man page). To purge the cache of the bootstrap, you must "lb clean --purge".

Ben