Debian image failed to boot

I installed tails on two USBs and tried them on my Dell XPS

The first USB stick is a Scandisk. This failed to load and I got error message saying the Debian image (i have version 6.0.8) failed to boot.

It asks me to file a bug against the live-boot package.

I tried with another stick (make Buffalo) which seems to work fine.

My problem is that now I cannot launch windows at all even when USB stick is disconnected. It is as if there is remnants in the set up that the computer gets stuck.....I cannot launch windows any more....any suggestions?

JL