Re: Help: custom live image fails to login

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Luis Alejandro Martínez Faneyth
<luis@huntingbears.com.ve> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to login into a custom live image without success. Live
> Build generates the image, and it actually boots into the gdm user list, the
> curious thing is that i never passed 'live-config.noautologin' through
> --bootappend-live. It also does not accept "user" and "live" as
> user/password and i'm not able to login.

Hi,

You have "--apt-recommends=false" in your lb config line, so you
cannot login because user-setup is a recommended package and it is not
being installed precisely for that reason. The solution is pretty easy
but you'd better take a look at the explanation in live-manual for the
live-build version you are using. I include two links (to the
explanation and to one use example)

http://live.debian.net/manual/stable/html/live-manual.en.html#459

&&

http://live.debian.net/manual/stable/html/live-manual.en.html#825

(Again, take the second link as an example)

Besides, live-manual might also be translated into your language, so
if you prefer to read the translation, please take a look at:

http://live.debian.net/manual/stable/

Have fun!

--
chals