Re: configure live wheezy hdd to not install some packages

Thx Ben

I've created config/apt/preferneces file with these entries:

Package: libreoffice
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

Package: synaptic
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1

and now it seems to work well.

greetings
Piotr

on Apr 23, 2013, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 23/04/13 06:29 PM, piotr wrote:
> Hi Ben
>
> I don't know which konfiguration you need, but I've created:
>
> config/chroot_apt/preferneces file to unpin some packages and it doesn't
> work.
>
> Should I create config/apt/preferneces file instead?

Please read every word of my response. The negative pin is only
effective for packages that are included via a "Recommends:"
relationship, not packages that are included via a "Depends:"
relationship. I already told you how to avoid that problem. Just don't
install the packages that Depend on the packages that you don't want.

We need to know what packages you are including in your image or else we
can't point out which Depends relationship is causing your problem.

I made a *guess* at the 'gnome' metapackage, because you didn't include
your configuration in your problem report. Without telling us what your
configuration is, we are reduced to guesswork, which isn't a very
effective use of either of our time.

Ben