Installing Wheezy from an iso image on a USB stick booted via grub2

I've done this several times without issue using other debian derivatives but for some reason wheezy fails at installation when attempting to detect the disk.

below is the menu entry from my grub.cfg. If anyone has any tips it'd be greatly appreciated.

menuentry "Debian Wheezy amd64" {
set isofile="/boot/isos/debian-testing-amd64-CD-1.iso"
loopback loop $isofile
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 674E-E67D
linux (loop)/install.amd/vmlinuz append video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=788 iso-scan/filename=/boot/isos/debian-testing-amd64-CD-1.iso noprompt noeject toram=filesystem.sqaushfs findiso=$isofile
initrd (loop)/install.amd/initrd.gz
}